Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Natalie!

I want to make a post to my sister, Natalie, on her birthday! For those who already know her; I don't need to tell you that she is one of the most amazing people you'll ever meet in your life.
Nat and I are two years apart. It was love at first sight when I saw Nat... as you can see... we have always been close. (Oh and THANKYOU for saving me from being a tomboy! You helped me discover pink and purple... it was divine intervention)
Me and Nat making a mess. Poor Mom! We were always into everything! Mud, makeup, food. Hee hee.
I love this picture! It just illustrates the bond we have SO well. We were always together.... with our "Rainbow Brite" haircuts.... thanks Mom! (Sometimes I got a little too clingy! Hee hee!... and Nat... thanks for that awesome bite in the stomach. It still hurts a little bit.)
The days when they called us twins. Same hair and we shared everything. We also would go riding around in the Chevy truck, listening to all our favorite songs. We'd find an exiting spot, and talk and laugh about anything and everything. It was such a fun, carefree time!
This was such a special day! I will always treasure the whole experience! I won't ever forget what a beautiful bride you were that day. You still are! Sparklers!!!!! Where would we be without them?

Okay so I'm not posting any of Drake's birth- pics. But I wanted to tell you something about the day you gave birth to little Drakey. I was in awe! I am so thankful that I was able to be there that day. I have never been so proud of you! It seemed like you knew exactly what to do. Just seeing those "Motherly instincts" actually taking place. It was a miracle and it was so touching! What a beautiful Mom you are!

This is one of my favorite pics of you guys! I am just soo glad that you and Grant have each other! You are so blessed! The way you look at each other and work together. It gives me goosebumps!
Lovebirds

Dad took us to work one day. This was so fun! Climbing around on trains and going for rides. We can have fun doing anything together!


Nat, you are so thoughtful and caring! It is so hard to be far away from you. I miss you so much!... and I miss so much of what goes on. I see all of you grow in pictures and it always makes me wish I was there too. Time goes by so fast! I wish I could be there to see you everyday!

I wish that Utah didn't have snow and Tomm and I would move there in a second! .... and I am super pissed! What happened to that GLOBAL WARMING business? I was counting on it.

Natty, I can't tell you how much joy you bring to mine and so many people's lives! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Grant said...

hi. i typed a whole story but it didn't take it... so HI.

The Strongs said...

How adorable! I love all the baby pics. You two are beautiful sisters and this post made me smile. Happy Birthday Natalie!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh that was a fun surprise to see this post, it was so so sweet of you and means so much to me. I always think of the black truck days and smile! Those really were some of the best days of my life and I do miss it. But mostly I miss seeing you. You are an amazing sister and I feel blessed to have you in my life. I'm so lucky to have someone I can talk to about EVERYTHING and never worry about being judged, I can always speak my mind and be myself around you. I absolutely love and adore you. Thank you for bringing joy to MY life!

Giron Family said...

Aww Whit, this is such a sweet tribute to Nat. It had me teary eyed.
I LOOOOVED the pics of you guys as little girls. So sweet. And you can really tell you were the best of friends. You two are so lucky to have each other and to be so close together in age. That had to be so fun growing up. The "Rainbow Brite" haircuts are to die for! I love it!
You guys were like little twins. So cute.
Natty is such a sweet, caring person. I'm just lucky to have her as a sis-in-law! Happy birthday to her!