Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy "Owl"oween!

We had so much fun celebrating Halloween at home! Just the two of us. We had dinner and watched scary movies on TV and of course answered the door. I was a little bummed out that we didn't get more kids. But the ones who did come looked SO dang cute in thier costumes! My favorite bunch were three little girls dressed as princesses and when they were leaving they curtsied to me. What little ladies! I was so impressed by all the kids manners too... they were only taking one piece of candy! I had to ASK them to take more. We have SO much candy leftover now! Here are some cupcakes I made. I love my new cupcake cookbook! Tomm's cupcake.

Our kitties did NOT appreciate all the door bell ringing.
Me and handsome hubby!

I was Snow White this year

Me and happy kitty.

My spider cake. OKA... the tower of terror! This little project didn't quite go as smooth as I planned. The frosting was too thin to work with and my spiders could've been better. Oh well, it was fun trying something new.Our dinner. We call it Frito Chili pie. It's really good especially with an ice cold coke!

We celebrated Halloween at the VA hospital too. Here are a couple pics of everyone in thier costumes. We had lots of laughs!
Disco Babes!
Patty (Hippie), Kay (Disco Diva), Toni (Hawaiian Hottie) and me (Red Riding Hood)

9 comments:

Alex said...

Okay I love your cupcakes you keep making. They are so dang cute! I keep telling myself to go and by that book. You look so cute in your snow white costume. I like the tower of terror. It looks delicious!

Giron Family said...

Oh how cute are u in your costumes! You're such a doll. I wanna be you!
I too am inlove with those cupcakes! I'm getting that book. They are so cute and look so yummy.
The cake looks delish as well and I want the recipe for the Frito Chili pie. Looks like a good one. Very manly.
Sounds like you two had a marvelous Halloween! A whole nother year till it comes again :(.

The Payson Olsen's said...

OK, you are the cutest thing ever. I don't think i have ever dressed up since I have gotten older. YOu are the best! I love al your cupcakes, cake, and dinner that dinner looked good, I will have to make it sometime. You are the cutest Snow white and Red Riding Hood, Strahlee my 3 year old was Snow white too this year. Great minds think a like. I hope you had a great halloween. Miss ya, Love ya!

The Strongs said...

Hey Whit! I love that you post pictures of your kitties, too. It made me laugh because when our doorbell rang Simon was off the couch and under the bed in about 2 seconds flat. Anthony teased me about pictures of our kitties and I told him how I love seeing your kitties on your blog. That was cute of you to dress up to answer the door. I didn't dress up at all this year but we still watched scary movies and lit candles to make it spooky. That's so fun that you're in a neighborhood to get trick or treaters. We had one bunch and it was all the kids from the entire condo complex at once. They were very cute, though. I can't wait until I get to take my own kids ... someday, huh? You will have to post the recipe for your dinner because it did look super yummy. I love that because of blogging we take pictures of things we never would otherwise. It's such a fun way to keep in touch. I miss you tons! Someday we'll have to get dressed up and spend Halloween together.

Grant said...

Hi whit-shmee. I like your cupcakes. why don't you go ahead and mail me some. J/K. I like that you work with 90 years olds. Stop buying those half coke cans, you aren't a midget. Welp love ya. talk to ya later.

Natalie said...

Oh my heck I'm laughing at what Grant said, he always has to give you a hard time. I don't know where to start with my comments, I loved everything! The owl cupcakes are SO cute, I love them. And you look so cute/pretty/sexay in your costumes (when I look at our pics I look like a big fat mouse) I bet the kids loved that you dressed up. Oh and that cake looks like it's from a magazine I love all the diff colors of frosting inside. You are so creative. I agree w/ Kin, I wanna be you! LOVE YOU

Susan Engar said...

Hey Whit....How cute are you!!! Looks like you had a wonderful, yummy halloween. You look gorgeous all dressed up in your costumes. All your food looks so good, I want to eat at your house!! You are the cutest thing I've ever seen! I miss hanging out with you.

Martha Belle Schultz said...

I love the costumes , you are too sexy ! Oh and I love the cookies , you are creative ! The blog is also cute . Hope you have Happy Holidays ! love ya

megan thomas said...

oh whit, where do I begin! You are still so stinkin beautiful. I'm jealous your in warm weather. It snowed here today. You seem so happy. I do miss the days at the F.T. I am so sorry about your baby, that is just devastating. I love your costume and how creative of a cook you are. I hate cooking. Wow! I'm just so excited we can keep in touch. Oh, and your wedding pictures...holy crap you seriously are too pretty. Tomm is so lucky to have you, and from what I have read, your pretty lucky to have him too!