Monday, November 10, 2008

Runaway with me!

We had such an amazing weekend together! Tomm surprised me with a trip down to Fort Lauderdale. It was so exiting to feel like we are running away together. We stayed Friday and Saturday night at the beautiful, Lago Mar. It is soo gorgeous there and it's right on the beach! On Saturday morning Tomm caught up with a friend and played golf.... as much as he works, he doesn't get to go often enough. So it was fun for him to go enjoy the awesome weather with a buddy. I got another big surprise that morning, he treated me to a massage at the spa. It was so pretty in there and FANCY! When I got there for my appointment they had me change into the most luscious robe (it was like a really cushy towel inside and silky on the outside) and then they took me to a room to wait until the appointment started. They gave me some fruit and this really great water with oranges and cucumbers in it. I was so impressed! The massage was seriously to die for; it was amazing! I still feel so pampered and rejuvenated!



We had a terrific room! This was our view.
All smiles! He was the best part of the whole weekend.


The next day after my massage, I went and spent the afternoon on the beach reading my book. The weather was nice and warm and low wind. It was so nice to enjoy the sunshine.


I didn't realize they had canoe excursions there until I saw these people. So I mentioned we should try going out on a canoe sometime to Tomm. He started laughing.... supposedly he has this idea in his head that we would be out there and maybe a bug or spider would get on me and I would panic and cause the canoe to tip over. Haha... I didn't think about it that way. I could definately see the danger in canoeing for us. But these people made it look like fun.

We're ready to go to dinner together. Where else but Outback Steakhouse? It is so good!



Before we left Fort Lauderdale we decided to stop at this place called Dave & Busters. It was soooo fun! I had never seen so many arcade games in one place in my life. After we were done there we went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. It was delicious!!!


This game was HILARIOUS! I was laughing so hard playing it. You drive a big truck and you have to get somewhere in a short amount of time so you really just have to step on it. And you just plow the road pretty much... just ram anything in your way. And when I hit something I felt the machine vibrate. Plus as you're driving you hear all these redneck voices yelling and talking to eachother. I got such a kick out of it! Here is Tomm giving it hell.




This one was WAY fun too. It's a snow mobile race. This one also had special effects; it would jiggle around when you wrecked. I felt like I was on a mechanical bull. Ha ha. To both our surprise I ended up coming in first!After being gone a couple days, it's always nice to come home to the kitties. They were anxiously awaiting our return. They always stay in the garage at night and when we go away so they can't wait to get in the house... Purrl can't wait to get into ANYTHING... hee hee. And here she is into trouble right away.

Honey, thank you for everything! You always make me feel so special. I appreciate all your planning. You are such a stud! XOXOxxoo

5 comments:

The Payson Olsen's said...

ok I am gelious... Does Tomm have a twin.. HA!!! I have a good husband too, but wow, that tops it all off. I am impressed he was able to plan it the way he did, WOW the message, I want to go to a retreat like that for sooo long, but it will never happen. YOu are so lucky to have a husband that will go and do that. I am happy for you whit, you so deserved that. Love ya!

The Strongs said...

I can't believe that you were laying on the beach while we were sipping hot chocolate on a cold, rainy day. That is just not fair! :-) The view from your room looked absolutely amazing. How fun to get a pampered weekend with your hubby. Very romantic!

Susan Engar said...

OK so I want to move to Florida where I can lay on the beach year around........and have a husband that takes me on a suprise getaway!What more could you ask for???

Giron Family said...

Eww, I'm so incredibly jealous of you right now! Not fair. I was just telling Jarell we need to get away to somewhere WARM. I would kill to lay on the beach right now. I would also KILL for a massage like too!
Way to go Tomm!

Natalie said...

MMM a massage... if only I could be getting one right now. Looks so fun honey. So glad you got away and spent some time alone together.