Friday, September 26, 2008

The Rabbit Died!

Your grandparents would know what that means. But...in other words.... I'm pregnant! We are so exited! I am 8 weeks along today. My due date is May 10th. That will be such a perfect time of year... I will be able to avoid the awful summer heat. Tomm and I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and I got my first sonogram. It was amazing! We saw and heard the baby's little heart beat. I was in awe! I can't believe how much we were able to see.


I feel great today.... maybe I should just say "right now" anyway. I have had days when I feel nauseous every second. When Steph and Jason were here visiting I felt like such a hag sometimes because I didn't want to do anything. They'd be all ready for fun and action and I'd be ready for a nap. Hee hee... but I am hoping I am getting over that stage. Little by little I am feeling more like myself again and my energy is coming back. Aside from all the physical ailments I feel so incredibly happy and exited about being pregnant. I am so full of love! I love Tomm so much I can't see straight!! And I feel so much love for our little baby.... who now has a cute little tail!

My favs list of foods... the salt represents anything with salt.
MIA: spinach and scrambled eggs. Yum yum!

My enemy!

... soo strange I usually LOVE sweet treats but now I stay clear of sweets. Chocolate is the exception, but it is only on occasion.

I was laughing at myself the other night. I was making dinner and all the sudden what I was making was not appealing to me. So after I got Tomm set up with dinner I was thinking of what I would like to eat. I just stood in front of our pantry for like 10 minutes trying to see something that sounded good. What did I finally decide? Peanut butter and jelly toast and pork and beans! What!!? It hit the spot! So bizarre.

5 comments:

Annie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you and you have to put up pictures of your growing belly! That's exciting news! YAAAYY!!!

Giron Family said...

Yay Whit! I'm so happy for you guys. I've been dying to say congrats but didn't want to be the "news spoilier".
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you get passed that soon.
After holding baby Logan I'm baby hungry. I'm jealous you are due in May, that is the perfect time. We are hoping for a May baby too (2010though). Good luck with everything. And take pics of your growing belly!

Shay Olsen Photography said...

oh my goodness!!!! I am so happy for you guys..... Being a mother is so amazing..... I wish you the best of luck.... Just know it is all worth it. The outcome is amazing.. YOu are going to be the BEST mother ever!!! YEA!!!! keep us posted.....

Alex said...

Congrats! Babies are so great! I love being a mom. It is so funny you are craving salty things and not so much sweet things. I was that same way when I was pregnant with Zeke. Sweet things made me puke and so nauseous. I loved McDonald's french fries they were the perfect amount of salty. May is the perfect month to have a baby. My birthday is May 9th. It is always the perfect weather, not too hot or too cold. Congratulations again I am so excited for you, you will love being a mom it is such a treat.
Alex

Giron Family said...

Hey preggy lady! I did a "ode to you" post you need to check out. The baking soda worked splendidly!!! Thank you thank you thank you! I owe you cookies! :)