Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Later Gator

We went on an airboat tour of an alligator farm the other day. It was so cool to see soo many alligators. They breed them there so we got to see them in all stages of life.... babies and teenagers and adults.


Steph and Jason

Our airboat

The boat engines are so loud that they give you earmuffs Our captain
Oh really? I thought this sign was a joke at first but they said that some people don't use thier brains and get a little to wreckless.
And here is why you don't swim in the water. This guy was just swimming around waiting for someone to get in range
Me n' Steph


The gator wrestler
Look how cute! He had his mouth taped shut and was totally pissed about it.


Hungry goose

The babies. They were pretty cute. We fed them crunchies.Spot the tri-pod. This guy lost his arm in a fight.
It doesn't look like it but I counted about 50 alligators out in that water.... and that is just counting the ones I saw. Yikes
This sign should say "Treat Time". The guide said that they only actually feed the alligators once per month. They eat one big meal per month and it takes that long to digest. They dump TONS of meat out there for them, so they just eat and eat.
Here they come.... All crowding around waiting for thier "rat" treat
I thought this was cool. Notice the differance in the shape of thier mouths. The alligator is on the left and the croc on the right. And that thing you see in the middle was a python. Eww

22 FEET!
These little buggers were cute. They kept bobbing thier heads at us.







1 comment:

The Payson Olsen's said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I would die if I saw that many gators in one place... WOW!!! It looks like a fun place to go.... The beach looks so fun, I wish I was there, I would be at the beach everday If I lived there.... Looks like you had a great time. take care