Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm Pretty Sure It's Not T-Gel


In our house it's kindof an inside joke of ours to be skeptical of the the knock off versions of "the real thing"(ex: "I can't believe it's not butter", It's not even close! Tomm has renamed it "I'm pretty sure it's not butter"... he makes me laugh! Hee hee).
So the latest object of our discussion was Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo. I went to get him some awhile back because his scalp was itching and it happens to be the #1 dermatologist recommended shampoo for scalp problems (Now as a hairstylist, this is kind of controversial for me to be upstaging a "store brand" product). So I go to Walmart and I go to the shampoo isle and I am getting the T-Gel and there is a voice behind me that says "the Walmart brand is just as good and it's half the price". I turn to see a man with a decent looking scalp and he goes on to tell me he has been a user for years that he really likes the Walmart brand better. I think AWESOME! and I buy it.
So I go home with what I think is "I can't believe it's not T-Gel". Tomm was like "Cool!" cause the real stuff is expensive(more than my professional shampoo). Well I don't need to tell you that it turned out to be a disappointment and we have added one more product to the "Poser" list.
Some things are worth the extra money.

1 comment:

megan thomas said...

That is hilarious! I think we all are the same way. For example, I won't spend 23 cents more for the "Philadelphia" cream cheese, because the Walmart brand has to taste the same. The other day I was at my sisters who goes all out for the good cream cheese...yeah, there is a difference! How fun with the Helicopter lesson. I still can't imagine Jeremy ever saying he would give up ANYTHING for golf!