Saturday, December 27, 2008

Santa brought a brand new sleigh!

For Christmas I got Tomm (the coolest thing EVER!) a "Demo Flight Experience" at a near by flight school. You can pay to go for an airplane ride and you even get to FLY the plane a little bit. We were in the air for about 30 minutes. It was such a gorgeous day (it was like 90 degrees). We flew over the ocean and flew down along the beach. It was so beautiful!


Now we originally thought that Tomm would only be able to fly a little bit ... maybe a few turns or something.... BUT the instructor let him fly the whole time!!! (I think he impressed the instructor). He even helped with the take off and landing!! He controlled all the steering and the instructor controlled the throttle. I was SO impressed at how collected and comfortable he was. He is a natural!

My husband... a pilot. That is soo HOT!




All smiles and no nerves.


The plane


Checking the fuel for any problems


Ready to venture


Headphones ON... Check!

Seat belts ON... Check!

And we're off! Heading east for the ocean.


Gorgeous eh? We were making a left turn here so I was looking almost straight down. Weee!The wild blue yonder!
Right turn.


This was a speed boat.Look at those houses! Hello! That's a private beach y'all.
Let's take this baby down....
Successful mission!

I flew the crap out of this plane!

4 comments:

The Payson Olsen's said...

There is nothing like your husband flying a plane, Eric has been flying for over a year, and I still have not flew with him yet, I am impressed you flew with him flying. Eric is a private pilot, and will have his commercial license in about 5 months.. then he can try to get a job with an airline.... we will see, Wow what a christmas you had, we had 15 inches of snow and freeeeeeeezing cold snow!!!! I'm moving by you! love ya, miss you take care!

Giron Family said...

Are you serious? How freakin fun! You're such a good wife. What a awesome present.
The beach looks beautiful from above. That where I need to be right now! I can dream can't I?
Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. Hope you are having a happy New Years too!
Ps. I left a long comment on the post of your house but it never saved. Bummer!

Grant said...

Sweet times. I don't see the draft of the email video in my comcast accounts.... did it not save? A friend I work with has his pilots license, but said the jobs don't pay like they used to. He used to fly the ksl plane over I-15 for the traffic reports. I think he said school cost him like 65k, then he got 700 hours of flight time to start aplying for commerical jobs, but that was right after 9/11. Some how that changed things. He said the hour requirements change it's been as low as 250 hours upt to 1500 or so. Sounds fun, but seems like it would be kinda like driving a semi-truck...after awhile I'm sure it gets old. Glad you two had fun. Maybe we can be friends soon tell Tom he is welcome to come to Utah anytime. ha ha. He HATES Utah! Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense. I wrote it over a off and on span of about 20 minutes.

Natalie said...

I'm a lame wad, I've been meaning to leave ya a comment forEVER. That present is the bomb.com. I think that would be so fun. Look at Tomm's smile! He looks so handsome in these pics and you look so pretty Whit. I miss you guys very much.