Friday, June 27, 2008

Rain drops keep fallin on our heads...




We have had some intense rain the last couple of weeks here in Palm Beach, FL. The National Weather Service has been giving "possible tornado warnings" just about everyday. There were a couple of days when I really thought we would get one. Just a little scary!!! So far we have had one tree blown so hard that it is now leaning to it's side. Tomm was out there the other day trying to help it back to straight (hee hee... I had a little too much fun watching). I am glad that we haven't had too much other damage besides some unhealthy looking plants outside. The rain is a huge blessing right now, hopefully it will solve the drought problem so we can stop borrowing water from Georgia. Seriously!, I would never thought a place like Florida would have to have water brought IN.????


Not too much else going on in our little world down here. Tomm and I had a fun date tonight. We went to dinner and we are now just takin it easy here and the house. I am going to Utah in a couple of weeks so I am so exited about all the plans I have. It is going to be soo fun!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hello my faithful little commenter! Oh my gosh Whit, I've been so worried about you! I hope there is never a tornado by you, I would be horrified! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. I've been so excited that u are visiting. Love you lots
(ps)Still giggling about Tomm w/ the tree...

Giron Family said...

Oh I would kill for some rain right about now. It is so hot and dry here I feel like we are all gonna wither up and die! Wasn't I just complianing about the cold and snow a couple months ago?
Hope you don't get taken away by and tornados. However, I do have fond memories of afternoon thunderstorms in the summer as a child in Maryland. It probably is getting old though, huh? Hope they delay your fight out here in a couple weeks! Ha!

Jesse and Emily said...

If you don't blow away, make sure you stop in good ole MO!! It would be super fun to see ya! I think I see a Cranium rematch in the future!! Girls rule!