Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fly boy!

We're back, you lucky people!!!
So, exiting news... Tomm is taking flying lessons! He has 11.5 official hours flight time now. Only 28.5 to go until he can get licensed (although everyone we have talked to sais they got at least 60 hours before they felt ready, so we'll see).
Tomm has been talking about flying for a long time so I think it is so awesome that he decided to go for it. I am so proud!!!

Tomm and his flight instructor, John.

Completing the pre-flight checklist. "No holes in the wings... Check!"

Let me formally introduce you to 6120 Mike. Don't go fallin in love with him now! This ride may look and feel a little rickety but he has some experience under his belt. Haha, he is always ready to go!

This day I was able to go up with the guys. We took a Cessna 172 (4 seater). Tomm usually takes Mike which is only a 2 seater. This day was such a treat for me... I really love to be in the air and take pictures of the gorgeous scenery.
Tomm and John completing pre-flight.

If you didn't think FL is just a big swamp.... here's your proof. (PS... why is that texture so disturbing? I'm weird!)

Look how straight those lines are!
Cool shapes and a view of some power lines... gotta watch out for them.
Flying over the ocean! Breathtaking!!!
Juno pier! Okay family, everyone who has come to visit us, this is the beach you have all been to. Hot damn!!!
The airport from the air.
Back on solid ground and feeling good!
That was sooo fun!!! Thanks for taking me along.
This is where I usually sit and watch... the second floor on the balcony.
Santa came a little early at our house. Since Tomm has been so exited about flying, I let him open one present early.....


What is it?!!!
Yay it is a fuss pot! .....
JK it is a flight bag!!!
and a knee board and landing pattern calculator!
I thought you all might like a little flight trivia:
The "Pilot's" ABC's ... now you are all in the know.
A alpha
B bravo
C charlie
D delta
E echo
F foxtrot
G golf
H hotel
I india
J juliet
K kilo
L lima
M mike
N november
O oscar
P papa
Qquebec
R romeo
S sierra
T tango
U uniform
V victor
W whiskey
X x-ray
Y yankee
Z zulu

3 comments:

The Strongs said...

Looks like so much fun! I enjoyed the flight trivia of the alphabet. That's so weird to see Florida from the air like that. Merry Christmas to the both of you!

The Payson Olsen's said...

I know what you mean, nothing is more amazing then your husband fly air planes, eric (my husband) just got his commercial Pilot License. I love that he loves what he does... Now we just need the airlines to start hiring and then things will look better for us... we are in student loans over 90K so we need a job to be able to pay them..... How far does Tomm want to go? does he want to be a Private Pilot or a commercial Pilot? I love flying with my Hubby!!! How are you doing? We need to get together when you come to Utah... Take care love ya!

Giron Family said...

So kewl! You guys lead such exciting lives! Jealous!