Friday, September 11, 2009

Hobbies

My hobbies have been trumping my Blogging and Facebooking lately. It's been so fun to start some new projects. These are some things I have been working on.....


Children's file folder games. They are fun for kids and help develop certain skills. Can you tell I am exited about having kids? I am ready! (already!)

This one is called Match Play
The pieces to be matched with the copy.
This one is called Shape City. Everything that isn't colored in has a shape to match it with. I actually drew this one; it's fun to be creative! All matched up! For cute!
This one is Color match. They can learn the primary colors, secondary colors and some other essentials (Hello! Pink and Lavender!) It's so cute; it has paint brushes that go with the paint cans.
This one has the story, Noah's Ark that comes with it. All the animals on the left page are girls. Heehee. I had a little fun with it.
This one is called Fruit or Vegetable. It's a little more advanced sorting skills, but I thought it was such a cute idea!
I found all of these games online. They were all free; I just googled "Free File folder games"

Our herb garden!
This has been interesting! I used to think gardening sounded about as fun as pounding sand. I think I am getting old cause it's actually pretty awesome. When it comes to Gardening I never knew my butt from my elbow, so I decided to start with herbs and go from there.
L to R: Basil, Basil, Oregano, Parsley and Lavender.
How sweet! After I took this picture, they both hissed in each other's face. haha
Planting Cilantro, Dill and Chives.... and making a mess! Randy is glaring at a lizard.

3 comments:

The Strongs said...

I love that you're starting to garden! I haven't had too much luck with ours. The pictures I took on the 4th of July were the height of its amazingness. We then got invested with grasshoppers, gophers, squirrels and deer of all things. Good luck with your herbs!

P.S. Did you get my mailing about the informal book club?

The Payson Olsen's said...

You look hot planting your garden... Not many people look as hot you do... WOW Whit, you look amazing, how are you doing? I love those file folder games my girls love them, they are great while they are at church trying to keep them quite..... MisS ya Take care!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOX let me knwo next time you are in utah and we can go and play....

Natalie said...

Love your file folder games. I really like the paint bucket one and the noah's ark. So fun... any excuse to color :) And gardening has never sounded fun to me, I should give it a try sometime... Love and miss you, you look beautiful as always. Tell Tomm I say hi :)