Tuesday, February 1, 2011

the FAIRest of them all

Baby's first FAIR! Yay!!!
(a little heads up.... this is going to be the year of "Baby's first everything")
We love going to the Fair! The shows, the animals, the contests, the food and beer. This year we entered Little T in the "baby beautiful" contest. In the 0-6 month category they were judging for: Cutest Girl, Cutest Boy and Curliest Hair. He didn't bring home any ribbons but he seemed to LOVE being around all the other babies. It was very social for him and for me (it's nice to meet other moms with new babies) HAHA . And of course, I think he is the most beautiful baby EVER!

I also entered the baking contest and went home ribbonless this year. Atleast we got some good cake out of it.

Go get em tiger!
Here we are in the line up. We were #9 (L to R).
All three of us got our animal fix.
In case we needed another cat.... they were having pet adoptions at the fair.
This dog was really sweet. Everyone was hogging him because he loved to get pet.
"I'll stay right here, thank-you very much."
"Walks are my favorite"
Posing for the picture. His buddy was asleep on the floor behind him. HAha
Sweetest kitty at the fair! She came over to me and was rubbing the cage back and forth and purring.
Looks like cars are only going to get smarter in the future...( hmmm hope they don't get smarter than humans and take over the world).
#1 reason for being late for work in 2015.... I forgot to plug in my car.
NASA! After seeing my first shuttle launch in 2008; I am a huge fan of NASA!
I love a man in uniform! So dreamy!!!
This globe was showing a history of weather patterns. It was so cool to see what hurricanes and big storms looked like. We never got to see the show, but I'll bet it was amazing.
Bubbles!!! Do you ever outgrow blowing bubbles?
One reason the fair smelled SO delicious. Cinnamon-y! mmm mm
Um...... yeah. That giant machete is really overpowering this father son moment.
The city of Wellington paying some homage to 9-11
The piece of steel for the Patriot memorial.
It's always sombering to think back on that day.
Trying to get both hands in.
Pic with the glow-in-the-dark aliens. Little T loved the stars.
The fair wouldn't be complete without a few swamp buggies parked around the grounds.
Getting exited, waiting for the dog show to start.
Fly by... fortunately for us, an airport is close by so we got to see some planes while we waited.
... and cold beer
Little T entertained himself with his hands and I blocked the sun. haha
The dogs were amazing! This one's name was Ferrari, she was so cute and ready to perform.
Look at those muscles! He was so focused on his job.
He did it! Setting a new record for himself.
Bunny time...

Giving eachother the silent treatment.
"Where"s my pine cone?"
It's obvious the Pine Cone Rationer has his favorites.
"Where's my box? I'm not going to the fair without my box."
Tired of being judged.
Sleeping on his double chin.
The Cadillac of double chins.
Two blondes = twice the fun :) haha
Feast your eyes on a "propane" turkey cooker. No more grease accidents on AFV.
"Look at your beak!"
This goose was very territorial of the water bowl... whenever another goose would come close they would get splashed. HAHA
Fluff pot.
TOTALLY posing!
This mother hen was doing a good job of protecting her babies. She jumped at anyone who looked sketchy. I totally get that!
"What's wrong with your feet?"
Am I the only one who's never seen a leopard print chicken?
"Look at your hair!"
Oh my! HAHA my favorite chicken at the fair... this little sweetheart kept trying to cheap shot us (mostly Big Tomm) while we were standing by his cage. As you can see, his trap is set.
"C'mon Punk! Whatcha got?"
"You're huge!" This turkey was Huuuuge!
The motorcycle stunt show!
This guy climbed this pole like it was easy and without gloves!
Riding the tightrope.
The trapeze artist was really good.
The widowmaker, the cage of death, the ball of terror....
at one time there were two motorcycles in there and a girl standing in the middle.
Sweet bliss!
Sweet angel!

Our Souvenir Videos!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Holy crap, you are so good at posting, I am not patient enough to post pics AND video?? The fair looks so fun, I wish we could have gone with! Can't believe baby didn't take home a ribbon, he is for sure the cutest. Miss and love you!

The Strongs said...

I love all the animals. You 3 make the cutest family! I'm so jealous to see you in a tank top, I'm SO tired of the snow. MIss you!