Monday, May 18, 2009

Sold!

We bought a house!!!



Our searching has come to an end. It's been one heck of a process REALLY!, but we finally closed on our new house last Friday.
It is quite a twisty turny story how we ended up getting this house. From the moment I first saw the picture online I loved it (but you never know what you'll think after seeing it in person) so Tomm and I went to drive by and check it out. When I saw it I was so exited (I got a tingly feeling that this home was the one) and we just both really liked it. It had everything we were looking for and the location was perfect.
Well, when we called our realtor and told her we'd like to go look at it she called us back with bad news that the home was already under contract and was set to close on March 31st. We were both disappointed but especially me because I had already been dreaming and moving us in and putting all our things away. Well needless to say after a few tries the previous "almost" buyers didn't close on it and so we finally got our chance. We went to look at it and again it did not disappoint us. I swear it feels like it was meant to be. It is such a gorgeous and COZY home! We are so thrilled!

Let me introduce you a little bit:
Built in 1997
4 Bedrooms
2.5 Baths
Huge awesome kitchen!( I can't wait to cook our first meal)
Stacked Stone Fireplace
NO formal living or dining areas... we are exited about this!(Ours was the only house we saw that didn't have them... Coincidence? Heck no!)
3 car garage (Yay! Tomm's exited)
Awesome pool
Screened back patio (to keep Creepies out and Kitties in)
Glass french doors (So pretty!)
We have about 1 1/2 acres of land

All in all the house needs a lot of attention and hard work. It has been unoccupied for 2 years so the yard is really overgrown and the house needs some major cleaning. And, we plan to paint inside and outside.
We've got our work cut out for us. Let the games begin! YAY!

4 comments:

Kira said...

YAY!!! Whit Im so excited for you! Now I really need to come see you. I want before and after pics up here, cause I know you will make it amazing!

Alex said...

Congrats! It looks so cute! I am so excited to see more pictures. All the work you guys have to do will be so worth it! I am so excited for you guys.

Giron Family said...

It may need a lil work but it is AMAZING!!! It looks beautiful Whit! I'm dying to see the inside.
To answer your question about the grass...water, water, water and fertilize! However, one side of our yard will not get green this year. It's driving us crazy! So I definitely don't know all the answers!

The Strongs said...

WOO-HOO! I'm super excited for you guys! It looks like a beautiful home. I can't wait to see pics from the inside. I have to say after all the work we've put in to our yard so far that I do not envy you having to put that yard together, though! You'll have to post before and after pics of all your hard work. I think it's so awesome that you just had a great feeling about it from the beginning and it all worked out. Yeah!!!!