Monday, February 23, 2009

Bringing Home Blanche!

Welcome home Blanche! Mommy doesn't hate you, I promise!
Has anyone else ever had the pleasure of sitting next to someone with an animal on an airplane? Well I provided a few lucky people with that experiance today.... Super fun for them I know!
The whole thing actually went better than I thought. There were a few snags but Blanche was really good and quiet most of the time. When we finally made it home we got comfortable together and took a nap.
FYE here are the PRO's and CON's of the flight home....
PRO's
  • I had a red eye flight so I thought "The plane won't be full".
  • There was no waiting in the security screening line.
  • Her carrier fit under the seat.
  • She was quiet thanks to the drugs I gave her.
  • I wasn't worried about her going potty because I didn't give her food or water for almost the whole day before.
  • We had a window seat so I could sleep easier.
  • People were very nice to her.
  • We made it home safe and she met my other cats. They didn't hiss at her or anything!
  • She is now starting to relax a little bit and go investigate the house.
CON's
  • The flight was full.
  • When we got to security... the guy wanted me to take her out of her carrier... (it was super fun getting her back in it).
  • Thanks to the drugs she was quiet but she would not stop squirming!
  • She peed in her carrier.
  • The best part is, you know how I had the awesome window seat? Well I had to wake my peacefully sleeping neighbors to race to the bathroom with a "peedy" cat and carrier to clean up the mess.
  • When we got home I was feeling so bad about how freaked out she was. She was hissing and growling at all of us. She's still pissed!
Anyways... no matter how things go they can always be worse right? Yeah well I hope the coming weeks go okay with the cats getting to know eachother and I hope she likes it here. I am so exited about her being here! I love her!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my... I hope I never have to travel with a pet, sounds awful. Glad you made it home safe, but HATE that you are gone. I'm depressed already :( WAAAAAAAAAAA, come back!

The Strongs said...

I was wondering how it went with the airplane ride and being introduced to the other kitties. Sounds like it was better than anticipated, so that's great. It was so fun to see you and spend a little time with you while you were here. I'm sorry we didn't get to see more of each other but I know that your time is in high demand. I'm just glad you were here long enough for me to spend some time with you. But I miss you already!