Sunday, November 13, 2011

a week in IDAHO & UTAH

Little T and I went up North for a week to see my family in early November.  My youngest sister, Shelby got married so I really wanted to be there for her.
We first spent a couple days in Pocatello, ID (where I was born) and stayed with my Grandma J.  I always cherish spending time with her.  We were able to see some of my cousins and my Aunt and Uncle too.  
In Utah we visited the rest of my family.  The last time we visited, Little T wasn't even crawling yet, so it was a different experience for EVERYONE.  Hurricane Little T was fast moving and left a wake of destruction everywhere he went.  He had the time of his life with his cousins, Drake (4yrs) and Logan (3yrs).  The 3 of them explored much together.  Little T even learned how to jump on the bed.   Haha

One day we visited my Dad at work and he took us on a train ride.  I got to drive the train and Little T got to honk the horn! Once he figured that out, he didn't want to stop. I always LOVED being on the big noisy train when I was a kid and I think Tom did too.   It's so powerful!

Here we are standing by the engine. 
I will cherish this picture the rest of my days :)
Mommy and Bubba dressed to pick up some slack.  Where do we start?!
My makeshift highchair at Grammy J's house.  He looks so cute in his UP railroad overalls! 
Back in Utah... The boys playing while us girls hang out and do eachother's hair.
Bubba getting some shuteye.  SO cute!
Tom's first bed jumping lesson :)
It's obvious he is having a blast!
Bat, bat, bat... The sound of balloons batting could be heard for days.  It seems like it takes forever for Chick-fil-A balloons to deflate... think before you except.  
Tom learning to draw with chalk (instead of eating it).  
Rubadubdub... 3 cuties in the tub.  A memorable pic to show future girlfriends.
SURPRISE! Happy Birthday Natalie!!! Partying it up at Trev and Joyce's house.
Bubba facinated with all the snow on the ground. 
Uncle Trev and Little T getting acquainted... kinda.
SHELBY'S BRIDAL SHOWER
The decor! Natalie's brilliant, creative brain came up with these pretty decorations.
The refreshements.  Lots of sweet treats and hot chocolate :)
A closer look with the cute roses and ruffly table runner.
The favors.  For cute!
Playing the purse game.  The average bag weighed in at 8lbs.  Mom's was almost 14!... not your average bag.  No wonder she won for contents too.
Tom getting in on the scale fun.
Shelby with her friend, Chelsea.
Shelby opening some gifts... Drake assisting.
Oo la la! What's a bridal shower without a gift of "sleepwear".  I think she likes what we picked out for her.
Me and Natty :)
Tom having fun with everyone.
Drake was such a gracious host! He said "Thank you for coming" whenever someone arrived and left. 
I love those cheeky cheeks! Xxooxo

The original Jensen girls... all married women now :)

My handsome boy with pillowhead.
SHELBY & JON'S WEDDING was at The Gathering Place at Gardner Village.

In the bride's room... Shelby with her BFF, Paige.
4 generations of girls... My Grandma (she looked so pretty!), Courtney (cousin), Aunt Judy, Michelle (cousin,  Courtney's Mom).
My Dad walking Shelby down the aisle.
Shelby and Jon.
The bridal party set down for dinner.

My Parents and Natalie and Tom trying to escape.
So handsome in his suit.  
... shoes off as soon as I put them on.
Mama and Bubba, in our coordinating outfits :) It was nice to get dressed up.
Bounce bounce... he is quite the handful these days.
Shelby attempting a hug.
He had his mind on exploring every inch of the reception center.
He broke into the Bride's room
This older boy was such a cutie! Tom was watching him dance.
Everyone having fun on the dance floor.
Natty with her boys :)
Mom & Dad with all their grandboys.
The Bride and Groom.
Picture with Grandma
Picture with Grandpa
Picture with Great Grandma
Another pic of all us Sisters.  I'm so glad I was able to be there.

The boys trying to wrangle Tom. Haha
100% BOY

On our way back home... I was worried about how Little T was going to do on the plane being confined to my lap.  It turned out he was such a great traveller! He slept on the plane every time.  
On this flight the plane wasn't full so he had his own seat. 

No comments: