Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Show Me A Sign

I enrolled Tom in a program called "My Smart Hands".  Every Wednesday we got to go to My Gym (a gym for babies and kids...haha) and learn sign language.  I am so glad that the class was there rather than the library or something.... at My Gym, Tom was free to be his wild and playful and adventurous self. He had a blast! I did all the learning and Tom did all the playing.  I am so glad we participated in this class! I learned a lot of signs ranging from ABC's/eating/manners/emotions/animals.... a little of everything.  We practice all the time and now as I talk to him I am always using the signs with the words. 
 The only two signs we've seen him show us consistently are "all done" and  "sheep" (probably because we go see the goats every night when we go for a walk).   It is absolutely adorable!
Another program that I really like is called "Signing Time".  We rent the videos at the library every week.   He LOVES to watch them.     
What a sweet smile! haha
Tom and his friend playing while the Moms do all the learning.
Strumming the AC vent.
Speed crawling.
Climbing... oh my nerves.
He LOVED the gator seesaw.
Trying to get to the computer and it's neat cords... Mommy placed a huge, very inconvenient blocker right in the way :(
Me and Tom, Miss Lindsay (our teacher), and Miss Lori and Aiden.

1 comment:

The Strongs said...

I love how many fun activities you do with your little boy. He is so lucky to have such an amazing (and beautiful!) mommy. It's great to see you so happy.