Friday, September 23, 2011

Stomp Stomp!

Spoiler Alert! I took this adorable video of Tom walking around... he just happens to be in his Halloween costume.   I wanted to see how well it was fitting him and I also wanted to see if he was comfortable enough in it to walk around.  I'm sure we'll get lots more cute pictures of him on Halloween.  I think he makes a very handsome dragon/dinosaur.  Don't you?
Tom started walking at 1 year.  He'd been pulling up and cruising since he was about 9 1/2 months.  Since we have tile flooring, we wanted to be so careful with him taking those steps.  I had areas of the house blocked off with floor mats so that we could put him down and let him cruise along.  But after awhile he seemed to be unhappy and bored quickly when I'd set him down to play.  Finally, I decided to take everything down and just let him be adventurous.  IT WORKED!  Over this past month he has gotten so much sturdier and he is even trying to RUN (my nerves!) already.  He just needed SPACE to get his footing.
This video is so precious and candid... his tail is a little large to walk with, but it sure cushions the falls :)
Haha!

1 comment:

The Strongs said...

Cute costume! I can't believe how big he's gotten. Looks like a healthy and happy baby boy!