Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Who's Birthday Is It Anyway?

These days I am having way more fun thinking about celebrating Little T's first birthday (What?! It's been a year already?) than mine. I had such a nice birthday this year! It was extra special because it's my first birthday as a Mother.
We started out the day at about 4 am... Little T was wide awake and ready to party. Haha. He played happily in his highchair and munched on Cheerios while I spoiled myself and put some highlights in my hair. It would have been great to capture that whole event to look back on someday... We were singing baby songs in the mirror and even turned on the bubble machine. He was so mesmerized by the crackly foils that I was putting into my hair. I was using every tactic I could think of to keep him content through the process. Haha, such a cute memory!
I ended up talking to lots of friends and family too! It was fun to hear from all my sibs and catch up with everybody.
Later that evening the 3 of us had a nice dinner at home. Bliss!!! The whole day I kept having flashbacks to the year before when I was heavily pregnant with Tom Jr. I just couldn't wait to have that baby in my arms another minute. Man! Time sure flew.

Here with my beautiful Birthday gifts!
I also wanted to post some pictures of Tom running around this play area at the mall. He was walking around so good and having a blast climbing the fruit and watching the big kids.
What a charmer!My little bubba!

1 comment:

The Strongs said...

Happy Birthday Whit! I'm the worst friend ever. I keep thinking about giving you a belated birthday call but it's always when I'm laying in bed or some awkward time. Sounds like the first as a mommy was fabulous!